Sunday, May 31, 2015

Blog: Entry #1

When I started a summer class for English 101, I wasn't sure of what a blog was. The word "blog" is a short word for the whole word of "weblog" and its "web-log" not we-blog, I had a few people say that incorrectly. When explaining what a blog was, I simply gave examples lie Tumbler, Twitter, Facebook, or something they can relate to. The best part was when I understood what a blog was and I have been a secret blogger for the past 3 years, that just blew my mind! Then I was interested in what other people have been blogging about. I was reading a blog that was provided to me called What My Daughter Wore. This blog had hand drawn pictures of young boys and girls who were modeling different outfits. Now being a girl myself, you would think that I would be into fashion and girly stuffy but your a mistaken. Yes, I do have my girl moments but my simple state of mind is if it fits, its fine. I know parents like to have their kids look nice and I can respect that to the fullest, but this site did not interest me, whatsoever. Although, there is one site that does interest me everyday, and that is Pinterest. Pinterest is a site where people all over the world come to blog about fitness, food, health, Do It Yourself crafts, Cars, Motorcycles, and basically anything that may interest everybody. I love using this site because I find ways to manage my stress through workouts, make a old desk look new, or even find new ways to manage my school work and make glitter jars for parties.


-DIY Glitter Vase:  dollar store vases transformed into something gorgeous for wedding decor, Christmas or special occasion!
There are so many things to look at this site, so for me there is never a dull moment. Another site I am interested in is the Yahoo! News blog. I know you can watch TV or even read about the news but I can't always get to those things but my phone has this neat thing called the internet and I can go to a website called Yahoo and look at their news. haha. Since I am never without my phone I will never be without knowing what goes on in "Today's breaking news."

3 comments:

  1. Finally somebody else who loves Pinterest as much as I do! There are so many different ideas for beauty regimens and cooking recipes that I have saved on my boards! Their cooking recipes always look SO amazing and so do their DIY ideas! Those glitter vases look so pretty, I might have to try them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy Crazy Crazy! I looked at the pictures from "What My Daughter Wore" and those pictures look so real... so about Pinterest, I have never have used it, but i have heard about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alyssa: Yes, I am obsessed with Pinterest!! I everything the put up on their site and their cooking receipes OMG LOOK SOOO GOOD!!!!!!! I even tried a few of them and they came out pretty darn good haha

    Christian: Those picture do look real don't they haha and Pinterest is a good site just to see what other people do to help take stains out of clothes, activities to do with kids, and my favorite workout ideas to give me a different workout everyday instead the same ol routine and much more! You should check it out!

    ReplyDelete